The winners of the Diamond Credit Union Alfred A. Panfile Memorial Scholarship are chosen by leaders at five local schools. The scholarship-winning students are well-known for giving back to their local community. These students are volunteers and team-players who also love to spread goodwill. The participating schools are all located close to one of the five Diamond CU Branches.
The Scholarship Recipients Are…
The 2017 Alfred A. Panfile Memorial Scholarship recipients are:
- Boyertown High School graduate, Haydn Hallman, will be attending Vassar College.
- Exeter High School graduate, Jill N. Crosby, will be attending Cornell University;
- Pottstown High School graduate, Nyles Rome, will be attending the University of Virginia;
- Wilson High School graduate, Lindsey Gibbon, will be attending the University of Pittsburgh; and
- Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences student, Virgilia Santiago, will use the award to help pay her nursing program tuition.
About the Alfred A. Panfile Memorial Scholarship
Alfred A. Panfile was one of Diamond’s loyal members and a long-time component of the credit union’s Volunteer Board of Directors. Panfile was a true inspiration to his colleagues due to his unwavering commitment to making his community a better place. Financial Literacy and a focus on providing young people with the tools they need for life-long success, were incredibly important to Panfile. Furthermore, he used his role on the Diamond CU Board to ensure that the leadership of the credit union never lost sight of those vital objectives. The recipients of the Alfred A. Panfile Memorial Scholarship are students who exemplify Panfile’s dedication to the local community.
Giving local students the tools they need to succeed…That’s younity.
First Job Money Questions to Ask while you’re on the road to success.
What you need to know about your finances before you leave for college.
The Smart Option Student Loan® is another great option to fund your college education.