Diamond Credit Union celebrates raising $73,341 for the American Cancer Society during the 2018 Relay for Life season. Diamond has raised $883,541 during its 13-year partnership with the American Cancer Society.
Nearly all Diamond employees support Relay For Life by participating on the Diamond’s Hope Relay team, or by organizing, implementing, participating in, or attending several year-round fundraising events. Fundraising events are well-supported by Diamond members, vendors, business partners, friends, and family who make this total donation possible.
This year, Diamond’s Hope participated in the Western Berks and Pottstown Relay events. During Relay events, teams have at least one member walking or running around a track at all times. Events often run for 24 consecutive hours. Having team members walk for 24 hours represents the 24-hour-a-day battle against cancer.
2018 fundraising events included:
- 14th Annual Charity Golf Invitational
- “All In” for Hope – casino night/beef & beer event
- Bake Sales and Hot Dog Days – held at all public branches several times per year
- Designer Purse/Jewelry Bingos – one held in Pottstown and one in Reading
- Bark For Life – a dog-friendly version of Relay For Life that raises funds and awareness for Relay
- Carnation Sales and various raffles
- Gourmet Coffee Sales
- Jeans Fridays – Diamond employees make donations to Relay to wear jeans on Fridays and to raise awareness for the cause
“Diamond’s annual contribution in the fight against cancer would not be possible without the tremendous support from the many members, vendors, partners, volunteers, friends, and family that support our events and Diamond’s Hope,” said John Faust, President and CEO of Diamond Credit Union. “A heartfelt thank you goes out to them for helping the members of our community who rely on the American Cancer Society.”
Coming together to fight cancer…That’s younity!